NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
12/03/24 05:30 PM
Re: A modern custom Howdah pistol

Quote:

Sooooo, reopening an old thread because I cant get the image out of my head. By now you guys have heard of the Pedersoli 45Colt/410 Howdah's and their B/P versions. The 45/410' work legally because the "beat" the 1/2 inch sporting role limit. I do have to give Pedersoli credit for all the options they offer, (Hammers, non hammer, double and single trigger, even one in nickel and rubber covered wood). They also make B/P versions in 20ga and 50 caliber. The 45/410 guns run $1500-2000 and the B/P versions about $1000

Another "option" is the American Gun Company Diablo. Its a 12ga SxS B/P but it breaks open (like a cartridge gun) to load 209 primers. It has a single trigger and a single hammer that you must pivot left/right for barrel selection. They offer 6" 8" and 11" versions. The 6 inch gun is nice for crossdraw carry, but the 8" feels most "Howdah" to me. The AGC guns run about $700. They even make a grip that allows use of an AR type stock, if you want a very modern option.

Pity the Diablos look so aweful.

The Pedersoli cartridge side by side aren't Howdahs. Marketing waffle abot some make believe 1930s origins. The pistol grips are simply gross and ugly. If I acquired one idtry to restock it was reasonably as possible. Lacks hammers.

For the prices they could do better.

The muzzle loading pedersolis seem closer to the proper design.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com