NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
10/05/23 07:15 PM
Re: Double Rifles and Regulation

Quote:

The only comment I would make is to add the word "hundred" as follows: I regulated my 9.3x74R 286 gr load to b about 30 mm apart at one "HUNDRED" metres. With the scope attached.

I think regulation would be excellent at one metre!

Yes I corrected that elsewhere already. Thanks.

I use an android tablet and smart phone. Very irritating auto self incorrect and small keyboards, make me look a moron as well ... Still laptopless ...

Quote:

This probably doesn't belong here but the front trigger on my Sempert & Krieghoff O/U fires the lower barrel. I always thought the front trigger fired the upper barrel. I found out mine shot that way when first shooting it. I only loaded the top barrel and no bng. Several trys without suggess, I loaded the bottom barrel and pulled the rear trigger and bang. Opening the gun, I found the top barrel had fired. Closing and pulling the front trigger, the rear barrel fired.

Is it set up that way because the lower barrel is more in line with the shoulder and therefore has less rise that it may be more accurate? Any thoughts?

Most 2x trigger under and overs shoot the lower barrel first. Theoretically the recoil is slightly less. The first barrel shot the most. Possibly other reasons for this sequence?

On my Tikka/Valmet, it was originally a selective single trigger. I had it converted to two triggers. The TOP barrel is fired by the first trigger. For an U/O shotgun this is unusual. And for a double rifle set of barrels. But for combinations with a shotgun as the top barrel, one wants the front trigger to fire the shotgun barrel.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com