new_guy
(Sponsor)
15/09/05 12:57 PM
Re: First Double Rifle - Where do I start?

xyzzycoder: there's a saying in the gun business (among high-end dealers) that it's easier to get rid of cancer than a spanish gun.

There are some very well made spanish guns out there (I've owned a few arrieta's myself), but they do take a hit come sale day, and many buyers will ignore them b/c they are "Spanish."

I say that b/c this is your first DR and realistically, you will end up selling it after you learn more about them, i.e.: what you like, what you don't like and what you want in the next one.

With that in mind, you should realize that a Spanish gun will be more difficult to sell, and they must be
priced right, with the right buyer to move them. Which means that you also have to buy them "right."

Case-in-point... This particular gun has been for sale for over a year now.

"Victor Sarasquetta Double Rifle i.470. Hand Detachable Sidelock SXS . 14 7/8 LOP Pad, Case Hardened Action with Full English Scroll. Ejectors. Pad. Gun was regulated by Champlin Arms to shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 85 yards with Federal Ammo. Will shoot 3/ 4 inch groups with custom loads. Gun is overall 98% with some slight dings on stock. Case hardened action has 99% colors. Leather Case. $9000.00"

If you can get it cheap, (5K sounds "cheap" to me... 7.5K doesn't) then you probably can't lose... it's still a H&H sidelock DR. I would probably suggest something more "marketable" for your first DR.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com