kuduae
(.400 member)
28/02/23 10:52 PM
Re: Pre WW1 German double rifle retailed by Weisgerber

Quote:

Triebel scope mounts are different from the more normal claw mount. I have a double rifle with the same scope mounts. Axel provided a great explanation of how they function. The lock potrion of the mount is in the rear where there are double post where the back post is movable and locks the mount system. Itt is easier to understand by looking at your rifle. I checked with NECG and they will not build scope mounts for Triebel system. I toyed with the idea of making mounts but have not gotten further.

As Roy hinted to my explanations, here are two photos of the rear, locking top of a A.W.Triebel, Suhl, mount. They show the rectangular, fixed positioning bosses, fitted to the front holes in the base. The movable, spring loaded hooks lock the scope down in the rear holes. The hooks are connected by rods to the checkered grip piece. They are pushed back to disengage them from the base. This allows the scope to be detached from the mount. The front base and claws of a Triebel mount are of standard design, handmade and -fitted of course.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com