NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
28/02/23 05:52 PM
Re: Pre WW1 German double rifle retailed by Weisgerber

I usually don't like 9.3x72 rifles, because of being under powered for calibre in modern terms. Usually well priced though and on the market more often as vintage rifles or combination guns than x74R examples.

But this one is really nice, first standard and again I love it's Germanic/Middle European engraving and vintage styling. I love to have one like this in my gunrack! Price was reasonable too for the overall rifle.

I don't want to drive the thread off course. But a couple of questions.

Is the .360 BPE the same cartridge as a 9.3x72R? Given the mentioned differences between the casehead of the British cartridge and the German cartridge.

A 196 gr or there abouts projectile at about 2200 fps. Jacketed or lead projectile? What were these cartridges used to hunt with? Roe deer probably? Hare and fox? Boar is on the engraving, did they extend to boar? Red deer? Chamois? Again on the excellent engraving.

I think most Aussie feral pigs could be readily handled by a 196gr at 2200 fps. Most are smaller especially in the Southern parts. Euro boar are generally larger. Fox and hares? If going by set triggers and accurate and if scoped, why not at closer ranges? One barrel could be used for more accurate sighting. Feral goats if course. Fallow and chital deer why not? Red and Rusa deer with good shots. Wallabies and roos easily. Perfect under a hundred metres.

Hopefully it fares you well.

Often well priced combination guns are in a shotgun gauge and a 9.3x62R. I assume for mixed small game shotgunning and other smaller or medium game rifle shooting.

Thanks for any answers.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com