NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
08/01/23 07:22 PM
Re: Rigby .416 No.2 Buffalo double rifle

My comments on Rigby creations are usually positive and also admiring. Same for artistic reactions from various makers. Can be unusual and different. If excellently executed but the gun should also should be functional.

In my opinion those fape buffalo horns are dangerous on a double rifle. Could snag of hook on straps, clothing, brush, whatever. Worse than external hammers imo. Hammers form a function however.

I was a little harsh on the IMO aweful engraving saying it looked like it was done with a Dremel ....

Rigby describes both first two .416 no.2 Rising Bites somewhat as a pair? The first again has Arabic engraved scenes. If the same customer, perhaps to an ultra wealthy Arab? A hundred years ago and thereafter for decades, some of the most enthusiastic buyers buying masses of British high end firearms for their sporting armouries were the Indian princely Maharajahs and similar classes. Today it seems to be Arabs. A difference is probably the Maharajahs hunted ferociously and actively. The Arabs imo order gun rack often abominations probably never used. Maybe the odd annual safari with other guns.

Rigby will have to forgive me these comments. I wish the first two .416 no.2 rising bites were shining classics.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com