mauserand9mm
(.400 member)
12/10/22 06:54 PM
Re: Double rifle torture test

Quote:

With reference to the visual impression of barrel flex and stock flex at pistol grip.
This may be somewhat of an illusion due to the way motion pictures/videos are filmed. There are videos/still photos of helicopter blades and aircraft propellers that when done in slow motion or still photography give the appearance of being curved. The effect is due to the different speeds along the length of the blades and how many frames per second the camera system is doing.
Maybe the same effect with this rifle?

It is interesting how a rifle/gun initially punches straight back and then begins recoil in the upwards arc. Quite noticeable in the video of me shooting my Lewis 8 bore if the video is slowed or done frame by frame.

ASIDE:
When do we get to see a video of Bubba "torture testing" a Buffalo my gripping its ball sack?
- Mike

The effect you mention is called "rolling shutter" and is due to the sequential capture of the individual pixels of a digital camera - the object can move before the entire frame is captured. A high speed camera will get around this issue to some extent, but becomes an issue again at super high speeds.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com