NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/08/22 10:09 PM
Re: Double Gun Journal - RIP

Quote:

we are not able to financially continue…For the past several years we have been operating at a loss.

Hell's Bells, I've been operating for 20 years at a loss.

I liked buying their magazine and used to cost retail $35 an issue at a city book store. A long time ago ...

I subscribed from time to time. Delivery was unreliable. I never got a full year's issues. One year I got 5 copies of the same issue all stuck together ... Now I knew what was happening to my paid for issues never received.

I tried a year or three ago to subscribe again. As an international subscriber it was like jumping through fire hoops backwards blindfolded. Never succeeded, gave up.

Are they going to continue with a website. I noticed lots of advertisers once. None or fewer mentioned recently.

Most businesses expect a free ride on forums, chat groups, pages, etc now. And/or run pages or groups on anti gun Farcebook.

Btw members really need to support forums like NitroExpress.com if they want these forums and sites to continue. They're free, but do welcome donation support. But interaction is a small expectation. Including from long term members. Farcebook is not an alternative.

Looking at the lack of replies on the ezine pdf books and magazine articles, ie the discussion threads perhaps it's time to restructure the forums. Mostly members only access i.e.logins required to read. Especially for the pdf files forums Maybe ONLY an "advertising" forum might stay public. Just ideas. Something will eventually happen.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com