Omnivorous_Bob
(.333 member)
25/05/22 12:10 AM
Re: Cal Pappas

Cal was a good friend and a true gentleman, generous with his time, experience, rifles and ammo, his home, and his enthusiasm for hunting and shooting. Will Rogers said "I never met a man I didn't like" Cal definitely treated everyone as a good friend he just hadn't met yet. He constantly offered to pick people up at the airport and take them to the range and back if they had a long layover passing through, the use of one of his spare rooms, his loading room etc. Numerous times I'd stop by his house on a weekend to find him inside reading a book while others were shooting DRs in his front yard range then running in to his well equipped reloading room to make a minor adjustment, etc.

I first met him many years ago in a gun store when I was picking up a just purchased 8-bore DR. Needless to say, we hit it off and were shooting together a few days later and making hunting plans. Though he was a wealth of knowledge that he was always willing to share, he was always open to learning and we'd often discuss ideas and possible solutions to minor issues and experimenting, most recently with powder coating ideas, how to get better radar chrono readings on rounds balls, etc. He was a great ambassador for the hunting and shooting sports and will be sorely missed.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com