NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
18/11/21 07:46 PM
Re: Market for Doubles on the Decline?

Quote:

I guess we should ask ourselves first why we want to buy a double even before we go into the market.
Regardless of price, I believe the vast majority of users will be because of the great workmanship that goes into these magnificent rifles that they have confidence to use them for hunting dangerous game should the chance prevail itself.
The romance of the great safari is still with us well over 150 years on; now to do so might be a pretty slim chance at present, however the skills to regulate these beasts with something besides factory loads are another challenge altogether, (I'm certainly finding that out) not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of time & money to do so, but that is the challenge!
Regardless of price, these are all individual & unique, did you pay too much for rifle, perhaps you did - so what! We are just the caretakers of these fine arms, they outlive us all, so why bother.
Vette447 has the right idea, buy them for posterity's sake; if they are in my care they will get used lovingly until I pass them on to the people who deserve them.

Absolutely. I often wonder who I will leave mine to. Some of them I would like to give to someone worthy, who would use them.

I sometimes think of buying and selling to make a profit, but I will hang onto mine until dead.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com