buckstix
(.400 member)
25/04/21 11:10 PM
Re: My first Merkel Double Rifle - 470 NE - this is a great gun.

Quote:

Hi buckstix. The rear trigger in mine is only slightly heavier than the front. ... The rear trigger mechanism has a recoil operated interceptor that blocks the sear arm of the LH barrel so it stops the sear from tripping on that side when the other (RH) is fired. ... Mine will fire both barrels almost guaranteed if the LH barrel (rear trigger) is fired first. I've also played around (unloaded) with the front trigger - it's articulated. ... I'm happy to live with this and always fire RH barrel first. The manual says to do this for regulation purposes (I don't really believe this) and it doesn't mention anything about having both barrels fire if the LH barrel is fired first - but it makes me wonder why there is only 1 interceptor....

Hello mauserand9mm,
Thanks for the reply.
My rifle does not have an articulated front trigger. Is there an easy way to check if my rifle has the interceptor on the left trigger? Or if it does not have it, is that perhaps why the left trigger pull is so much heavier than the right - to avoid doubling?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com