NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
24/03/21 12:12 AM
Re: Chapuis Brousse 470 NE

Maral,

I posted earlier, that generally reports of the Chapuis are good and owners have positve experiences using them.

"Generally". But be aware every now and again owners of brands MAY be dis-satisfied. Often excellent after sales services keeps customers happy. As long as the same rifle doesn't need multiple servicing! Not referring to Chapuis btw.

When I visited the Chapuis factory, one of our NE members was NOT happy with his and also seemed to be having service problems, getting any sort of acceptable response, not sure from the agent or the maker? Asked me to follow up for him. However never provided adequate details so I didn't do so when there in person.

I personally would consider a Chapuis double rifle. I don't particularly like their forends, a little too beavertail for my preference. And say 19/20, probably far less than that expect no problems, and if having a problem would expect quality after sales service.

My point is, I would have a good look at the specific second hand rifle, most definitely shoot it. If it regulates, has not been abused etc, is on face, have a look at fired brass, any issues etc etc. You have covered then many of potential problems a second hand rifle might have. I would see no problem with the rifle at the appropriate price.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com