NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/03/21 01:56 AM
Re: Cogswell & Harrison.500 express, London.

Quote:

These guns we like here on this forum is depended we like the history or era..just like Winchesters and Colts. Otherwise it will die out slowly. I can image all these blackpowder express hammerrifles in the 1940s were just standing here and there in homes being moved around for no activity to either been thrown out or ended as wallhangers with no value at all. Some might were kept as a family piece back then from some uncle or grandfather who used it in the colonies..but it hadn’ t been shot in 50 years time.

Right up to the late 1980's and early 1990's they were available for very low prices, a thousand $A to maybe three or four times that. For the better ones, now a multiple up to twenty times to forty times those prices, depenging on the starting price.

I remember looking at a .375 H&H Mag German made side by side for $A1,300. Maybe early 1980s, 1983? That one still hurts. And bought a $400 M98 .30-06 instead. Just like now, I want a scope option on the .375, and it had no mount fittings. Plus the money for someone a yar or two out of high school. Still hurts though.

I have a couple of hammer double rifles now. Both need to be used.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com