NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
04/02/21 05:51 PM
Re: Beretta Holding Acquires Holland & Holland

I saw some people moaning about plastic stocks being introduced into H&H by Beretta on facebook. I seriously doubt they would do anything like that.

I know or believe a lot of the stuff some people complain about at Rigby actually comes from Mauser, and seeking economies of scale or cost calculations.

Some of that might occur with Beretta??? But I think they will go for a top premium brand role. Many corporate groups use a pyramid structure, A base brand, volume sales. A mid range, and a premium range, where standards are not compromised and prices are high. Often different named brands are used for each. At least we do this for winery groups. High priced customers like to believe their seller is unique and above the po-lo-mo. Some blurring of the lines might happen. Customers are often unaware Holland & Holland and Tikka are made by the same group and possibly the same factories or at least some parts from the same factory. Barrels for example are often made for multi independent makers or bought from a competitor. Visit the VC or Heym factories and see where their barrels go to. In a corporate group it makes financial sense to consolidate the production of some parts.

I do think some changes will upset the purists. If I was a Beretta executive, I would try to increase rifle sales above say a dozen rifles a year. Bring in a "Big Game" model of some name, with .375 and .400 H&H's, plus .416 Rigby and some .458 calibre. Push a double rifle design. A medium "safari rifle" range. .300 H&H Mag, plus?

The PR blurb mentions Brexit as if that is relevant. Maybe having group companies across the border is advantgeous for some reason?

If you were a Beretta/H&H exec, which cartridges would you like to see included in line ups? Any unusual ones like a new bolt action .465 cartridge?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com