NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
19/01/21 04:23 PM
Re: A Double Rifle for N America

Quote:

I don't disagree with the notion that the cheap Baikal double rifles are great for American hunters.

Most folks in the field are using low cost rifles, with typically great results.

With a huge selection of components, including a wide range of bullet types and weights, either the 30-06 or the 45-70 could cover most everything for a lot of US hunters.
The adjustable regulation and easy optic mounting facilitate the conversion from close shooting in the woods and in big timber mountain hunting to scoped use and high velocity loads for deer, antelope, sheep and elk in the West.

Doesn't need to be glamorous.

I bought mine second hand for a good price. As a "truck gun". But of course in Aust, it needs to go in the safe, be controlled at all times, AND unless I lived in feral pig country, most game are smaller than a .45/70 justifies.

But bought it to try out. Have only tried some factory ammo so far, which did not work well. Will play with it one day to get it working. It was bought because it was there at the time available for a price. Also as the host at NE, thought I should try one out. A way for guys without much folding paper to get into basic low grade double rifles.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com