Postman
(.375 member)
29/12/20 03:31 AM
Re: 9.3s and dangerous game

Quote:

Quote:

If you are a deer hunter, WOW that .375 is big and un-necessary.

If you are a buffalo hunter, that .375 or maybe 9.3 mm is standard and a minimum.

BTW here where most only shoot rabbits, hares and foxes, and maybe occasionally roos, I remember my Dad showing someone a .30-06 round I had for my new (second hand) rifle, and the guy asking what I needed such a cannon for? Compared to a huge .222 Rem, compared to a .22 RF, that .30-06 is a monster cartridge.

A 7mm-08 makes a fine whitetail cartridge, and is probably the most perfectly suited for the job. A .30-06 is plenty fine too although maybe a tad more than one needs for the job, but is EXTREMELY popular in Ontario. A 9.3x74r? I’m probably the only person in the entire province that uses one for deer hunting..... way overpowered for the job, but mine is a double rifle and for me, it is an opportunity to hunt with it for the cost of a tag, gas money, and hunt camp food. My hunt camp buddies think I’m a little bit eccentric anyhow, so no harm, no foul!!!!!!

And back to the subject at hand, I couldn’t agree more with what NitroX has said about hunting vs stopping, vs getting oneself out of a sticky spot when actually hunting real DG.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com