EDELWEISS
(.375 member)
01/09/20 10:19 PM
Re: perforated double rifle barrels

DON'T HATE ME but we love Howdahs and we admit many were cut down from rifles and shotguns, so a modified gun to make it better for the shooter seems like something we should embrace. I know a few of you have said that you have guns you know were shortened at some point. NO I dont like the looks of porting on a classic gun, I dont like plastic guns; but I dont like kale either.

That being said I there are otherways ways to reduce FELT recoil besides porting. Some are better than others. I bought a Ruger No1 that had been customized by J D Jones (of the Contender Hand Cannon fame). Mine was #5. It was 577 Nitro and had Magnaported trapezoid cuts and a spring style buttpad. I thought it was cool at first. Maybe I could have gotten past the Magnaporting BUT the spring butt pad was Too Much for me so I sold it, now I miss it???

What this guy has done is no different from guys who have sporterized military guns. I dont especially like it and I would have counseled him against it BUT it sounds like the current owner might have bought it that way. Do I wish it was done to a modern gun, instead of a Army/Navy; yes of course. Look at it this way, when he decides to sell it you can offer him less money....

Contact Us NitroExpress.com