NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
16/06/20 08:55 PM
Re: Hammers on firearms for dangerous game hunting?

Quote:

In the last week, on the NE facebook group we had one person claiming, even demanding, that hammers have no place on a dangerous game rifle.

You might guess what I think? I shut this fool down pretty quickly.

He had posted twice separately almost exactly the same thing - "Hammer rifles have zero place in modern dangerous game hunting".

I asked him, had he ever actually used one? Never got a reply or another post. I guessed he was a facebook armchair shooter or hunter with zero experience from the tone of the comment. Maybe has hunted or shot, but never with a hammer firearm. Facebook is where lots of shooters and hunters go nowadays, but so many dickheads and also experts with no real knowledge. The bigger a page or group gets, the worse a lot of comments get. FORUMS are so much better. Where we all agree, all the time! Ha Ha. Joke. Discussion is good. Especially with some fact and experience.

I also shut this guy down, as I also do not like people who think they can get onto groups I host, and shut down the whole discussion. Its what we do, post and share and discuss, in good nature, and without insults.

I had another FB member who is knowledgeable an Aussie with lots of vintage guns, a member for a single day, telling someone bowhunting was not a topic for the fb NE group! We've had bowhunters on here since day ONE. Bow hunting is even more vintage than BP! BTW if this guy isn't on these forums already, you should be!!! Good knowledge, good guns, and also uses them! Join up if you read this!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com