clark7781
(.375 member)
30/06/05 10:22 PM
Re: Mark Sullivan Film "Shot to Death"

Ok, let's take a look at the sequence of events in "Death on the Run." In the video, Hector, MS' client, shoots his .375 at a buff.

It's followed up with a few more shots until the buff runs away (with two or three other bulls with it).

MS and Hector follow the wounded animal.

They come up to the group NUMEROUS times where MS talks to Hector and the camera and says "there's your bull."

Why isn't he telling the client to follow up with shots to but the bull down for good? (From the footage that I can actually see, there are NUMEROUS times where I would have taken a follow-up shot.) He wants a charge.

MS contines to talk and walk towards the buff with Hector.

They walk right up to the old boy. Again, no shots.

The guns start shooting when the bull gets up and charges.

Now, I ask any ethical hunter out there this: If you are in the same situation (the Hector Gonzales scene in "Death on the Run"), would you shoot at your injured buff to put it down at each opportunity, or would you continue to walk to towards it and prolong its agony?

These are majestic beasts and some of the toughest SOBs on the planet. It is not honorable to prolong suffering of any kind, let alone the king of dangerous game.

This my opinion and my opinion only. But I do not think that MS is an ethical hunter is any sense of the word.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com