DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
28/06/05 02:47 AM
Re: Mark Sullivan Film "Shot to Death"

All the above films are good, and another one is "DANGEROUS GAME and DOUBLE RIFLES" also from outdoor Visions!

What Mark Sulivan does up close doesn't take balls, it only takes practice! A buffalo in not hard to brain at 10 feet in the open! If you will notice, in all his films, the charges are on animals that are in the open. You will never see him stand a charge in heavy bush! Also, he knows what to tackel! How about the look in his eyes on the film "SUDDEN DEATH" where he is getting ready to go into the tight bush after a wounded lion. ABSOLUTE FEAR presonafied! Haveing said that, in the case of the lion, I don't blame him, as the African lion scares hell right out of me, especially if gut shot. Buffalo in the open, even close don't bother me much, but a lion with a hole poked in his belly, in the long grass, or even in the open but close, is a whole different thing!

Mark Sulivan films are good study films. They will teach you what the body luangue of a buffalo means, and if you like double rifles most of his films have pleanty of double rifle footage. They also bring to fore the fact that, once wounded, a Cape Buffalo can take a lot of punishment without going down, and that once a charge starts, he will not turn. The only shot that will terminate the charge is one to the central nervous system, brian, or spine!

I believe Mark to be a very good PH, in the relm of procureing quality trophies for his clients to take home, but he usually shoots them himself!

I bought all his films till he came out with SUDDEN DEATH, and that was the last one I've bought. I quite buying them after that film, because it brought out the fact that he will let an animal suffer for a long time in the background, while he talks about how brave he is, and how good his concession is, instead of finishing the buff's suffering, and then talking! POOR SPECTICAL!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com