Postman
(.375 member)
15/10/19 07:20 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Quote:

If the law on rifles is the same as when I lived back there, nothing South of Peterborough, Ontario seems to me, over 6.5mm, hence the "drive North".

Too, it's all farm country & you can just about see your neighbours in every direction, but a lot less daily farms than when I was living there.

Thats correct Daryl..... Nothing over .275” south of the French and Mattawa Rivers, so that means anything less than a .270 Winchester If and only IF you have some land to shoot it on..... It’s pretty much all private with crown land difficult to find or access without a major excursion northwards..... The caliber restriction really relates back to the game laws more than anything. I have a small game license and there’s usually something in season, whether it be crows or rabbits, so there is a bit of freedom, but any caliber of substance is an issue as is land to shoot on.

So, gun clubs are where we go and I shoot whatever I like from .22 to .500 Nitro... It’s my shoulder to do with as I please, The reality is that if you don’t get regular practice with your field guns, you will not be as sharp with it as you should when you do get opportunity to be in the field with it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com