Postman
(.375 member)
14/10/19 11:02 PM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Quote:

SAD! Big gun to shoot at a range! .378 Weatherby. Ouch. :O

I assume there was no functional problems with the rifle after the OSR? Other than appearance?

I was much younger then with dreams of Africa dancing about my brain - I was and am a big Capstick fan. Gotta start somewhere, and getting a suitable rifle seemed to be a good first step. Don’t know where else I’d have shot any of my rifles? Maybe in a Walmart parking lot in downtown Toronto? I don’t live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, and unless I’m willing to drive 5+ hours directly north, there is nowhere to shoot around my home. Even going north, one just can’t go blazing away without Smokey the Bear showing up and grilling you and putting you on the spot to prove you’re not poaching. Thus, go to a range or don’t shoot. THAT is sad, but it is reality.

Anyhow, the rifle was functional afterwards, but my level of trust in it’s viability as safe to shoot was disrupted, not to mention my absolute horror at the destruction of it’s appearance. I did not and do not know if OSR destroys a rifle barrel integrity or if one can continue to shoot it until the barrel is worn out or shot out. In any event, my sense of self preservation suggests to me that firing what might cause grievous harm to my well being is not a terribly bright idea.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com