Rule303
(.416 member)
11/10/19 08:41 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Postman, I am not doubting what you say at all. I have taken two Elephant and one Cape Buffalo with 416 Hydros. All one shot kills. The Buff was not quite square on from the front about 50mts and ran about 50mts. Took the top of his heart after going through the first rib, ended up just shy of the skin in his rump after going through the pelvic bone. Some riveting but a straight line.

My PH on my first trip had shot a Buff with a 458Lott and Hydro. Went in through the brain, out the neck, reentered and through the spine ended up in down the back somewhere.

The Elephants were brain shots and projectiles not recovered. I like the hydros for a couple of reasons. They travel in a straight direction even if hitting something before hitting the animal and create a bigger wound channel than other solid type bullets. I will now in all but one instance I know of.

Some monometals are bore riders. That is the band is grove size and the rest if bore size. Some are grove size with the groves of the projectile machined into it, if this makes sense. The bore riders create less pressure all things being even.

Postman I would write to Woodleigh and send a pic of the hydro. They are always interested in analyzing what happens with their product.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com