Marrakai
(.416 member)
17/06/05 11:14 AM
Re: homemade doubles

Thought about this for a while, and feel I should comment: mainly advice for ronvella, but don't take it personally mate.

This forum is indeed much more civilized than others like AR and HA, and with few exceptions most members are well-mannered, and keen to learn and pass-on hard-won wisdom. Nevertheless, there will be inevitable differences of opinion, even among the experienced, as life's lessons are dished-out in a wide range of circumstance.

It is that breadth of experience which sets internet forums apart from other media resources, such as books, magazine articles, and TV shows. The dynamic, real-time nature of a lively forum like this one ensures that each topic is thoroughly explored, and unlike books or TV will not be restricted to the limits of a single author or editor's knowledge or experience (..or opinion!).

BUT.... you do need a tough hide to actively participate. All of us have been involved in dust-ups from time to time, and the trick is knowing when to walk away from a thread, not the whole forum. You have been a member of other boards for a long time, Ron, so it surprises me that you would toss-in the towel here. Other members are reading all these posts, and forming their own opinions, but most will be conservative about wading-in because it inevitably means 'taking sides' and only perpetuates the confrontation.

Although this particular thread has definitely turned to sh!t, NitroExpress is still the best double-rifle forum on the web by a country mile, and I suspect ronvella's exit will leave both him and the rest of us (including 4seventy!) the poorer in the longer term.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com