Bloodnativ
(.275 member)
16/06/05 05:03 PM
Re: homemade doubles

This was shaping up to be a very informative thread until all the mud-slinging started. COME ON GUYS! Some of us would REALLY like information on this particular subject. If someone wants to do something one way versus another then so be it. It's the reader's (read:learner's) responsibility to verify any and all information given. If I take one person's word that tin/lead solder is adequate and the gun blows up in my face, who's fault is it? It's mine and only mine. It may have worked for your application but failed for mine. That's MY problem. Not yours. Stop sweatin' it. It's a situation of "reader beware". I know I will probably NEVER be able to buy a new (or even used) DR (though I will try) so building one may be the ONLY way I ever get to realize that dream.

I have, as many of you have, read Mr. Brown's book cover-to-cover several times. I still have questions. For instance, Couldn't you thread the full length of the barrel shank and simply crush fit as most, if not all, bolt actions are assembled? What should the profile be for a set of barrels for say a 450 No.2? What is the minimum barrel wall thickness for something up to 450 No.2?

Please guys let's stop the bickering and help those of us that truely seek the knowledge. I, for one, would be most grateful.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com