Doc52
(.224 member)
09/06/05 01:23 PM
Re: New to forum and relatively new to doubles- Fe

Having been a machinist for over 14yrs, I have a certain appreciation for the time and skill involved in forming steel and wood into a fine DR. Like most, I have been raised on the hollywood movies, and novels concerning Big Game Hunting in Africa. Having handled alot of firearms in my 52yrs. my first purchase of a DR was a Merkel 500NE for my Som who you know as Clark7781. I had the rare oppurtunity to have an in with a collector who was in the processes of liquidating his collection. Upon further examination, the Westley Richards 500NE had pitting in the bore,and I ended up passing on that fine firearm. So, back to square one! Having checked out my options, and having seen some of Butch's DR's, I decided that I wanted a unique DR in 577NE,to be the culmination of my idea of a DG rifle, with all the bells and whistles, something to be used and to be handed down to my decendents. I had my son put my order in on line with Butch, then I flew to Boron Ca. to meet with Butch. I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful experience I had meeting with Butch! He is one in a million! For those of you, who are looking for thier first DR and want new, I highly recommend that you check out Butch Searcy!
Well thats my two cents
Doc52
Peace, through Superior Firepower!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com