dotchicco
(.300 member)
06/11/18 10:59 PM
Re: 8x75 mm RS in a double?

Dear Nitrox,
I didn't want to offend anybody; I just was refering to the fact that when someone in a forum or in a FB discussion talk about the 8x75RS, unavoidably someone else talks about H.G. and his predilection for this caliber. It's just an historic objectivity that this caliber is thightly bound to an historical period, and to a specific person. If you take a look to auction web site from germany, you will find many references about this, continuously. My comment was about this, and there was no intenction to offending you. I have always believed that this forum was a place were was possible to talk about firearms, theyr story and theyr owners without preconceptions. So forgive me, probably i have verbalized in a bad way. (I was intending the love affair between goering and the 8x75RS... Not anything else. But my English is not perfect...)
Said this, i agree with you that a rimmed caliber is what a double rifle requires, and that a Rimless caliber is a blasphemy (nevertheless we see thousands of doubles in 30.06.. ).
As you probably remember i'm a collector of uncommon calibers and firearms, (7x66, 8x68S, 9,3x64) and for this reason i was supporting the 8x68S, i know how hard can be (sometime impossible) to find brasses, dies, or reloading supplies for strange calibers... by the way, i agree that this particular caliber has a lot of charm (also for his history in african german colonies). Hope this can clarify the situation.
Doc

Contact Us NitroExpress.com