xausa
(.400 member)
06/11/18 10:00 AM
Re: 8x75 mm RS in a double?

My objections to this object: 1. Rimless cartridge designed for a bolt gun 2. Kaisergriff 3. Fish scale checkering 4. SEM bases but no rings and scope and 5. Engraving straight out of the Suhler design book. Other than that, wonderful!

Seriously, why would anyone choose a rimless cartridge for a double rifle when there is a perfectly satisfactory rimmed alternative?

Kaiser Wilhelm had a withered left arm which he had to compensate for with a peculiar pistol grip. Why would anyone with normal arms want such a thing?

Fish scales may be more decorative, but they are certainly not more functional than normal checkering, and a stock should above all be functional.

Why should someone pay a fortune for a double rifle and then have to go to the additional expense of having it fitted with a scope, unless the original owner carelessly lost the one which fit those bases?

I have exactly the same engraving pattern on the lock plates of both my off the shelf Krieghoff sidelock O/U double rifle and on the lock plates of my off the shelf Krieghoff sidelock drilling as on the lock plates of this rifle. Surely something supposedly this special deserves an original work of art.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com