Rule303
(.416 member)
09/03/18 10:40 AM
Re: Double Rifle Speed versus Blaser Straight Pull

Quote:

John Buhmiller had a dead buff knock him over and head land in his lap. His legs and hips were bruised for months.
Kill a grizzly mid-stride and good chance he will bowl you over. Spray him with pepper spray and he'll stop mid-stride from the same distance - maybe - if the spray is correctly placed and he's sensitive to it.

Can't help but think of my daughter's tree planting crew getting back to camp & finding a large black bear on the park picnic table eating a can of bear spray. His face was red from the capsicum pepper spray coming out the canine holes he put in the can - & there he was, lapping it up.

Well Pepper spray works on some but not all humans so I guess it is the same for other critters. I would have loved to see the faces of those walking into the above.

Where I hunted Elephant in the Zambezi Valley the terrain came in all shapes and sizes. Thick jess like Chuck described, open, flat, hill, rocky, treed, bush and combinations of these. Got mine after moving through a small sharp rocky gully. On top of a hill shooting down at 15 meters. Didn't have to move to engage, one shot drop - brain- then had to stand our ground as the herd charged. Trackers, game scout and I followed the PH's lead jumping up and down, yelling waving arms. Herd stopped about 10 mts from us, any closer and the Game Scout was going to give the "Shoot to kill" call. Mention this only to show that a situation may arise where you need all the ammo you can use. Yes I did put a second shot into the Ele once the herd moved on. Same with the Cape Buff. So yep you can get your Heffelumps in all sorts of country

Contact Us NitroExpress.com