NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
07/03/18 09:56 PM
Re: Double Rifle Speed versus Blaser Straight Pull

Quote:

Before we have all out war may I remind everybody that the actual discipline is called "Special Snap" where 8 rounds are fired in 35 seconds with a minimum caliber of 0.330". Four rounds may only be loaded in the bolt actions when first loading and then it is up to the shooter to decide in what order he loads and shoots the remaining four. It is open to bolt action, double rifles and single shots. The original concept for the event was nothing more than having fun shooting 8 rounds in 35 seconds, it was never supposed to be a test to prove one type of firearm to be better than another. The discipline is very popular and is the favorite event of most shooters. I should mention that among all the people who shoot, and most of the BGRC people shoot regularly, there is en even mix of bolt action and doubles with the odd single shot. In the end most people whether young or old and regardless of the firearm type finish the event in between 30 and 35 seconds.

Waidmannsheil.

Exactly.

I found the video interesting and entertaining and illustrative of how a break open double rifle CAN out shoot a bolt action for speed over eight shots in the Special Snap competition. Cool video for mchughcb to post to entertain everyone with.

Does it prove anything absolutely? Of course not.

Good shooting bt mchughcb in both as well. Well done. I asusme it is you in both halves of the video.

BTW if I remember rightly in the BGRC Nationals in Tasmania a few years ago, Alex Beer won it, or was in the top three, shooting a big bore single shot. Eight well aimed shots in 35 seconds from his, I guess, .500 NE.

As for it not "being the rifle, but being the shooter" it shows the guys who do practice shooting rapidly their rifles, and reloading under pressure are better at it if they do this competition many times again and again. Irrespective of whether they are on a range or the crater pocked face of mars, not facing a fire breathing elefalo, hanging off a glacial precipice, while reloading their bolt actioned twin barrelled single shot with one broken arm and the other arm's wrist snapped off ...

PS Same for practicing the charging lion or buffalo target, one, two or three shots, on target, under pressure, also good practice for the real thing. Except the paper target doesn't kill you if you miss a 10 point shot.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com