Postman
(.375 member)
07/03/18 09:35 PM
Re: Double Rifle Speed versus Blaser Straight Pull

Wouldnt it have been interesting if Blaser had dispensed with the staight pull bolt knob and instead affixed action bars to the bolt and the other end of the action bars to a sliding forend aka the pump action!! Add to this wonderful reconfiguration a mod that allows stripper clips to reload the mag in the rifle and you have one big ass nasty fast rifle!!! The R8 action is certainly strong enough for large bore DG cartridges and a reconfigure to a pump action would change the game considrerably. Two hands on the stock, never having to shift hands about to work a silly bolt, and a stripper clip to recharge the mag!!!!!!! Aw hell, lets just go full auto!!!!!

Sport hunting is not culling. They are different tasks and may call for different approaches. Fire power “may” be desireable in some certain sticky situations, but not always for the sport hunter. Know your gear, use what makes YOU happy and have respect for those who wish to approach things a little differently.... I want my PH to be a great hunter and to have my back, but first and foremost I want confidence in myself to get me out of a sticky situation with whatever I choose to use. I am most certain that others wont feel a thing if I get clocked by a big pissed off animal. Me on the other hand will feel each and every broken bone and ripped guts.

These discussions are absolutely wonderful to my mind because it allows me to hear about what others think and to get different perspectives on solving a given issue...... I can then assimilate all the opionions and either change or modify mine if something makes sense to me....... I can’t do that without the opinions of others.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com