Bonde
(.333 member)
08/01/18 06:39 AM
Re: Doubles with hammers

I would not hesitate to bring a hammer double on B5 hunt. They are, with practice, every bit as fast as a Krieghoff or Blaser, and are on top of that absolutely silent if you hold in the trigger as you cock it.
I donīt fint it less safe than a regular double. It doesnīt become more unsafe just because you see the hammers??

In a matter of fact, I will actually do exactly that in october/november 2018!

I have roughly booked a tuskless elephant hunt, and would like to have a go at a lioness if time (and money) permits. Staying for 10 days in Zimbabwe. Area not decided just yet - letting the PH sort something out.

The rifle I am bringing along is a 1908 W J Jeffery hammer toplever in .400 3" 55grs tropical load .411" bores.
Has aquired some .410" Hydros that will be tested, along with 400 grs woodleighs soft.

Hopefully I will use it on both the elephant and the lioness! Both beeing traditional tracking hunts, I reckon it will be the adventure of a lifetime!

Bringing a Kimber M89 BGR in .375H&H as a second gun, for the lioness if I canīt get close enough with the double, and for some plains game.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com