500Nitro
(.450 member)
07/05/05 12:45 AM
Re: why doesnt Ray like Chapuis s ???

bwanabloke

Subject: Re: why doesnt Ray like Chapuis s ???

I'll respond from the perspective of having discussed DR's an guns in general
for 4 years or so on this and other forums with Ray + spoken with him on the phone a few times.

1. As I have just posted on the other post, everyone has a different opinion on Double Rifles,
some you agree with, some you don't. The difference is that we have those on the forums who
sprout off when they don't know / own these guns (TROLLS ?) and those that do know, do or have owned
or at least EXPERIENCED them.

Ray falls into the latter, so I value his opinion for this reason. He is also listened to by other
companies in this field.

I also think they are a bit "junky" but since I have only handled 2, maybe 3 and only shot one,
I don't pass Strong comment. Same as Searcy, Frieghoff etc, only handled 2, maybe 3 so keep
out of the discussion.

Ray can also compare against the heaps of other guns he has owned, shot, carried, seen used
in the field etc etc plus he is reasonably technically competent from what I have seen.

Re Champlins backing them 100%, I would back them 100% if I was selling them.

I back the products I sell 100% and I would back Chapuis if I was in the business of selling Chapuis's.

Finally, (this is my opinion), if a Purdey underbolt system, Single Lump, Chopper Lump or Dovetail barrels
were good enough for guns since the year dot, then why does Chapuis have a different system.

I think it is called Marketing differentiation.

Anyway, just my HO, some may agree, some may not.

500 Nitro

Contact Us NitroExpress.com