buckstix
(.400 member)
29/09/17 09:54 PM
Re: 600NE Bernardelli Sidelock Double Rifle project - long story

Quote:

wonder if the original pistol grip without a reenforcement will stand the enormous recoil in the long run

Hello lancaster,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not too concerned. Afterall, this double started life as a 10ga Magnum - with an original weight of 11 pounds 12 ounces. Recoil energy of a Magnum shotgun load at that weight, would be about 55 - 60 pounds. With the weight now at nearly 15 pounds, recoil energy will be the same when shooting my 75% loads. Allthough recoil energy of "full loads" will be higher, I won't be doing a lot of shooting at that level. But, time will tell.

Quote:

Super cool project!
Just goes to show that if one pines for a well balanced good looking and great shooting big bore double rifle you don't necessarily need a big bore budget.
Smart choices at the start of a project can make for a very classically styled and proper rifle that checks all the right boxes that really matter. Now, you can take the 600 and 700 against anything on Earth and actually afford to go after anything on Earth!

Hello Huvius,

Thanks for the reply.

I plan on hunting this fall with "1300NE" - that's taking both the 600NE "and" the 700NE. That way I can cover both "short range" and "very short range" shots.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com