3DogMike
(.400 member)
22/06/17 02:00 PM
Re: W. Richards .577/.500 No.2

The shellholder saga.......RCBS.......not so "precisioneered" as is their years old Fred Huntington RCBS motto.

Being as a .577NE is larger both in rim diameter and base diameter compared to the .577/.500 No.2, I asked RCBS to make me a proper shell holder to fit since they were "out if stock".
That was last March 2017

Below photos show the half assed excresence that was delivered to me yesterday; a .577NE shellholder that had simply had the rim thickness milled up to .060". Overall fit is, as you can see, miserably loose.
I have today sent this POS back to RCBS; there has been no reply to my email and no return of my phone message. They are woefully inadequate at responding to their customers in a timely fashion.

As noted in prior posts, I have (had) been a happy RCBS/Huntington customer for better than 40 years. The "Vista Outdoor" conglomerate ought to be ashamed. RCBS must be satisfied to be selling to retail outlets like Cabelas and getting no feedback?

I am sceptically awaiting the further delays in my reloading efforts.
- Mike

BTW: I even sent RCBS 4 sample fired Bertram .577/.500 No.2 cases to use in getting things correct.....what a goat rope.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com