CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
26/05/17 08:22 PM
Re: Advantages of .577/500 '.500 no 2' bpe cartridge?

Quote:

Quote:

Marrakai,

Here again we see that N-for-B loads developed superior ballistics at lower pressures than black powder loads, even with Cordite.

Our modern N-for-B loads are kinder yet on these wonderful antiques, as demonstrated by Graeme Wright's pressure data.

We have reason to be happy with that phenomenon. Who was it in an earlier thread who expounded against firing N-for-B loads in antique damascus?

Curl

Capt Curl & Marrakai
I have been contacted by a mate who spotted an old double (underlever type) rifle on his travels. He believes that it doesn't have Damascus barrels so could be of fluid steel perhaps? The owner was going to use a load AR2208 (Varget), I nearly had a heart attack telling him tell the owner to use BP only!
If the rifle was a Martini I would have suggested to use a NFB load if one was available.
I've tried looking on the web with not much success & even Graham Wright's book does help in this regard.
So if anyone out there can help with any loads such as duplex BP load or NFB load that develops BP pressures then can you help out please so I can pass this info on.
Kind regards
93x64mm

What is the caliber of this double your mate spotted?

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com