Charls
(.275 member)
10/05/17 03:34 PM
Re: Alex Henry .500BPE 200yd Gong

Thanks for posting, Claydog,
This Henry is in great condition- metalwork is original and in screws pretty good but I think the wood was stripped at some point. The barrels though are perfect, the reloading tools are not original but stuff that I collected through the years. Everything is there to reload but I also have a modern set of dies. The gun was originally ordered by Archibald Stirling Maxwell, a Member of Parliament and also served as an officer in the British Army. It appears that his family was one of the richest families in Scotland at the turn of the previous century. He also happened to serve in South Africa during the Anglo Boer Wars. The gun somehow found its way to Kenia where it was bought by a South African and I then acquired it.
The clear plastic envelope in the lid (I do this to all my guns) is the full history that I could get of Maxwell and the gun so far. There is also a legend for all the reloading tools that has been added to the case. Not everybody always knows what each item's purpose was.
Charls

Contact Us NitroExpress.com