NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
21/03/17 02:44 PM
Re: Verney-Carron Azur Safari Imperial .700NE

On the second buffalo shot you can see the wound when they move the carcase. It is shot well back from the shoulder. Assuming the footage is somewhat in sequence, when this one is shot the first time, it runs off and is quickly shot again with it looks like a rear hip spine shot.

I personally would have gone for a shoulder breaking shot rather than a lung shot on a buffalo standing broadside.

When they take a shot at an animal in a herd, it is not possible to say whether any animal is hit or not. They then show the excellent aerial fottage of a herd running with a large dust trail. Maybe the shot was done to scare the herd? Assuming the scenes are sequencial.

EDIT: Watching it again, I assume a buffalo is shot here, and then they follow it up? With the next footage being the second and third shots. The aerial footage MAY have been edited in for folm making effect?

Not possible to see where the first shot is on the first buffalo. A second shot spines it about half along the body.

Jean Verney-Carron says the rifle is fairly heavy. Maybe the reason for the very light seen recoil off the sticks. I noticed that as well.

Is that Jerome, the Verney-Carron master gunsmith in the video?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com