clark7781
(.375 member)
18/04/05 11:05 PM
UPDATE - B. Searcy & Co .577 NE with PHOTOS

All:

I just wanted to give you a SITREP on the status of the .577 NE my dad ordered from Butch.

This past Friday, my dad flew to California and met with Butch. Butch, as my dad said, "is one hell of a good guy!" He spend the better part of six hours with my dad going over his rifle, picking wood, fitting him and showing him the sights of Boron.

First, about the rifle. He picked his piece of wood out. (I'm going to see if someone out there can post a pic of it since I can't figure it out yet). Regarding options, he is going with the leather recoil pad, the extended trigger guard and a drop grip cap.

Engraving: On one side plate he is having a cape buffalo, on the other, a rhino. On the bottom, an elephant. Dad is leaning towards a scroll type of engraving on the other areas. Regarding engraving, we have ordered two books on engraving rifles for "ideas." If anyone has additional suggestions for sources for engraving pictures, please send them our way.

Also, if anyone has ideas for engraving, please send them along!

Butch also said that he really liked what my dad was going for with this gun and asked my dad if he would mind if he took it to SCI with him next year. Butch said he hopes to finish it by the first of the year. So, if all goes well, who ever goes to SCI next year and stops by Butch's booth may see Pop's rifle.

We'll keep you updated!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com