NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
31/01/17 07:58 PM
Re: Nice Collection of Doubles

Quote:

Historic bore. Double rook is 297/250 confirmed by Mr Winks ex holland & holland. Not stamped on gun. Uses same round as my single shot rook, it is stamped 250 semi smooth bore. Watson577 rifle next to rook is 375 2 1/2 inch royal with a extra set of 28 bore paradox barrels with a seperate fore-end. I have managed to get boss&co to build a 375fl sxs double with extre set of 303 barrels using same foreend it was a lot of work to contour the barrels to suit 1 for-end instead of simply supplying a fore-end for each barrel.

Ahmed,

See my earlier question on the express sights leaves. Are the positions of the folding leaves reversed on the larger larger calibres for recoil reasons? ie the recoil direction makes it less likely to drop a raised leaf?

Can you tell me something abo, it it doesut reloading for the .297/250?

I have a Victorian Colonial Police Martini Cadet which I believe is in that chambering. The engraving of the calibre on the barrel is very faint. Therefore my "belief". I did have the calibre changed for the registration from what it was bought as it does appear to be .297/250. I registered it as I wanted everything above board before one Senate election even though it probably passes as an antique. But I wanted to get it shooting anyway.

Originally purchased just to be a wall hanger. If I don't get it shooting, should get it deregistered so it could go on a wall again, instead of the safe.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com