new_guy
(Sponsor)
09/04/05 02:23 AM
Re: Two Fine Doubles - Sound Off With Your Opinion

WR's I've owned and I'm not taking away from them. I've never owned a DMB, but have handled several and shot a couple... there's something "magical" about that round action... it's tough to put one's finger on exactly, but there is definitely something there you don't find in other designs of actions.

The practical thing one notices is how well they fit your hand when carrying. Seems trivial, but we do carry them a lot more than we shoot them. It's just more comfortable, as the bottom of the action fits the contour of your cupped hand. Secondly is the balance, which is probably more credited to the maker's skills than the action design, but on the DMB guns - it's where it's "supposed to be" - between the hands.

Lastly, they look sexy as hell in person. Everything just "flows" aesthetically. It's really artistic, and readily apparent that every element of the gun was designed with a specific objective and theme - if you will. Nothing square or anything with an out of place edge on them. The rounded portions (top, bottom and sides) of the stock flow perfectly into the round action and into the rounded forearm and rounded barrels. Someone called the scottish round action guns a "wand" and I wouldn't go as far to say that they have "magical" powers in your hand - but they are definitely the most "lively" and responsive feeling guns i've handled.

PS - don't forget how good they look

when you do get the "bug" for a round action... you can have a Ziegenhahn for much less than the traditional scottish makers.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com