CFA
(.275 member)
01/04/05 10:27 AM
Re: The pressure curve...

Judge

As you say after this I will try to buy only from George unless a great one comes along at a great price, then I would send it to JJ for analysis. When you have a dealer who will stand behind his guns and a great gunsmith/riflemaker able to fix whatever comes along, he will rebarrel the Holland, that's who I want to deal with. Just too many things to go wrong with the vintage doubles but I guarantee you I will find another vintage double if I don't buy this one back with new barrels.

Thanks for your help with Mark, I have plenty of time as my ele hunt is not booked until 2007. So I am going to try to find another Holland best gun or one that handles just like it. That fellow is a little too proud of his Hollands. If he were in driving distance I would certainly go see what he has. Please e-mail me if you know of another double that he has comparable to the Holland, Rigby, Westley etc. See you at DRSS even if I have to borrow a double.

I hope the dialog keeps going on trying to identify rifles, loads etc that may have a higher incidence of problems.

CFA

Contact Us NitroExpress.com