Waidmannsheil
(.400 member)
26/08/16 10:20 PM
Re: Mark Sulivan on Double Rifle handling

I only ever use a harness for my binoculars and I reckon they are the best thing ever, wouldn't be without it. I use a Leupold harness as it has the best attachment clips and Steiner 8x30 Hunting Extreme binoculars. The Steiner's are a compact porro prism binocular with auto focus and I have made up a special wedge to lock the eye distance on the bino's to suit my eye spacing. That way I can hold the bino's up one handed and glass, as I don't have to adjust a focus wheel, and being 8 power they don't move around to much and one can easily stay on target. The harness positions the bino's exactly where you want them and they don't flap around, yet are easy to move up to your eyes. They never get in the way and never interfere with the shot. Maybe they are no good for dangerous game hunting, as I have never done it I can't comment, but for all other types of hunting, especially deer, they are fantastic, especially if you are climbing around, and under and over things. They allow you to hunt without a sling which I never use when stalking, but still glass as required.

Waidmannsheil.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com