Postman
(.375 member)
26/08/16 09:56 PM
Re: Mark Sulivan on Double Rifle handling

For me a bino bra relieves the near guaranteed neck stress and resulting blinding tension headache of having a strap around my neck. Maybe it would be different if I used a pair of tiny binos. I use a pair of 7x42 Zeiss that are superb for glassing in the bush and at distance. MS is correct though. Having binos on the centre of the chest is an obstruction, and precludes crawling across the dirt on one's belly. I use those binos a great deal and love the handiness of the bra setup, but they are absolutely in the way some of the time. Standing upright, I wasn't even conscious that they existed when I was focused on shooting my buffalo. At the time, I never considered MS's POV that they might have hung me up. Thankfully they didn't, but they could have. The bottom line is simply that I have not even the slightest speck of Mark's experience in the bush chasing dangerous creatures bent on survival. If he says bras are for boobies and not binos, then I would say that is the way it should be. I will be looking for a way to sling my micro binos off to my left side. Maybe there is a sideways bra or maybe one can be fashioned with some creativity and my aging mother's skill on a sewing machine?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com