Phil_in_the_UK
(.275 member)
25/03/05 04:33 AM
Gentlemen, she regulates beautifully.

Gentlemen, I have just returned from Minsterly Ranges and she regulates beautifully.

It’s taken quite a time to get her fully sorted, the trials and tribulations of sourcing all the “bits” in the UK you would not believe. Waiting for dies, a small car crash, bullets, cases and finally getting the powder she likes (last in the UK so I bought 3 tins), but it’s all been worth it. Horizontally perfect and level to point of aim, just under 1 3/4” at 50 yards, with each of the bullets, left and right going virtually through the same holes. Not bad for a rifle nearing 100 years old.

I’ve been practicing off hand for some time and can drop everything in the 4” at up to 40 yds and most first shots at 50 yds, the second quick shot at 50 yds needs a little work. That’s one of the great things about Minsterly; you can shoot at 10 yards if you want, just so you know exactly where they land if you had too.

I think we’re ready for Africa.

For those of you who don’t recall, she’s a 450/400 3”, 26” barrels, balances like my shotgun, A Hollis, about 1908.

Just had to share this with everyone.

Regards

Phil

Contact Us NitroExpress.com