Brithunter
(.300 member)
05/05/16 10:59 PM
Re: Does this Searcy look good?

Why would people want a piece of chippendale furniture rather than something from Ikea?

After the chippendale furniture was made and finsihed by hand so must be inferior to the super dooper machine made stuff! That is what modern pundits would have us believe.

The truth is that the cabinet maker at chippendale furniture was highly skilled and the jointing and finish was perfect. the wood was carefully chosen and proeprly dried and seasoned hence the furniture made this old way did not move and warp unlike modern stuff.

It is the same with old quality guns hand work was cheap and profit margins no where near as high as today's greed demands. The best quality surface tables were always hand scraped not just machined or ground!

Having had to recover many brand new cars I have to question if they are as good really as the adverts would claim? Myself I don't like modern cars they are bland with no much saminess and nearly all look alike. Same goes for the majority of modern rifles they are horrible and in most cases way over priced for inferior fit and finish.

Moden means clunky, heavy and looking more like a club than a rifle IMHO. Modern furniture is the same.

As to the Searcy I am not keen on the squared profil of the fore stock butt hen again I am not considering buying it .......................... you are and if it pleases you then why not?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com