NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
03/05/16 08:02 AM
Re: Lancaster Double in.450 Rigby #2 ... value?

Quote:

I do not anticipate hunting with this caliber....nothing in my country needs even half that grunt to knock it over.
And if i did hunt anything dangerous like a buffalo in Aussie i'd want a scope to help my old eyes. (The front sight is very fine).

I just want to make it go BANG BANG.
That will add to the buzz when holding it and looking at Grandads photos!

I would consider making up a dozen or so loaded rounds for you at tremendous cost (!!! actually would be quite pricey considering how much they cost to make, and how much commercially purchased NE rounds go for!!!) so you don't need to reload, but there is the difficulty of gettng loaded rounds to you in NZ or anywhere by post or other means???

I am usually reluctant to reload for other people as there is the liability risk and no control of how the ammunition is used or the rifle it is used in. Just like I use pull the bullets out of other peoples handloads, throw away the powder and recharge myself. For the opposite reason of not knowing if they are reliable.

No idea if the rounds would regulate in your rifle. I would probably make up some 100grs AR2213SC loads (as said mine regulates with 105 grs) with a foam filler, which at least would go bang. No liability would be accepted, and I would be building up the loads at your instruction and per your 'recipe'. Maybe someone in NZ could help you? Or if you know someone in SA willing to have them dropped off to them. Unfortunately exporting live ammunition even via a airline passenger also requires approval and declaration at customs.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com