DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
24/03/16 11:11 AM
Re: Hammer double protocol

Quote:

Dugaboy1,
The key to your statement is in the first sentence, " if done properly is not dangerous at all."

BOB You are correct, if done properly the method is not the problem! The accidental shootings are the result of poor gun handling, not the method of carry, that is all I'm saying. The reason the people were wounded and killed is because the rifle was pointed at them when it was fired, not because it was a so-called PH carry. You can watch a lot of TV and see poor gun handling where the rifle is pointed at others, no matter what type of rifle or what method of carry is used.

As I said, the PH carry is no more dangerous than any other method of carry. If the carrier doesn't sweep anyone nobody will be in danger.

Quote:

You could see that the hunters and at least one bearer were very nervous. This is precisely what I was talking about.>>>SNIP
I know for a fact that people have been shot and killed accidentally doing this.
This was obviously part of the problem with the hunting party I watched on T.V. That is even more reason to avoid sloppy gun handling. Bob

Nobody is wounded or killed with a rifle that is not pointed at them. As you said at the begining of this post the KEY is properly controlling of the muzzles of the rifle so it is not pointed at any thing you do not want to shoot!
................................................Mac Good hunting

Contact Us NitroExpress.com