AFRO408
(.333 member)
11/11/15 05:43 AM
Re: Advantages of .577/500 '.500 no 2' bpe cartridge?

Quote:

Folks,
was looking thru bits & pieces & found this one!
Can I get the grey matter going out there & see what turns up?

Firstly what is it's actual full case dimensions, I've looked around a fair bit but with no success!
It would be nice to have them all including body, shoulder & neck lengths if possible so I can calculate its approximate case capacity - surely it must be greater than 110gn of water?

Yes I only want to load BP for this potential project!

Secondly if this beast is able to squeeze into a large frame Martini-Henry then I might be onto a winner as I would rather have only it fitted with an English round - in this case anyway!
Obviously I'd need dies & reamer - CH4D for dies, reamer?

As an after thought, was there ever a ".500" made directly on the .577 Snider case or a necked up 577-450?
This case would be over 130gn+ so would make the grade for Black Powder Express!
Any thoughts - I'm open for suggestions?
Cheers
93x64mm

G'day 9.3x64,
I am building a 577-500 No2 on a large frame Martini and have the reamer and Go gauge.
I got my dies from CH4D and they had them on the shelf!

I will fill a case with water and let you know the capacity. I have to do it so I can use Quick Load to work out my safe loads.
I'll be using PP 580gr & PP 500gr bullets, from my own moulds. I made the mould so I could test Jeff's 500 NE, Ruger No1, a couple of years ago.

Will post more pics later, if that's ok with the OP?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com