mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
04/03/05 05:34 PM
Re: searcy's doubles

500 Grains/Marrakai,

I have had some correspondence with a member here who is a British dealer in fine guns and who sells a lot of them in the US. From what I have learned from him, I would think both of you are right. The gentleman in question may pitch in with his views on this topic but from what I have discussed with him, many dealers in the USA tend to sell guns that are old and close to retirement after picking them up at very low prices in the UK. I have seen several recommended lists that he has given me and the prices and quality (from the pictures) seem clearly better than those on most of the more famous US online catalogues. There may be heavily used old guns which are sometimes bought cheap and sold dear but he also has clients in the USA who buy pre 1898 guns in superb condition delivered right to their door over here.

And he is also very appreciative of the quality of Searcy guns - we have talked about the discussions on their quality on these and other forums and he gives them a solid thumbs up. Just my very amateur 2 c and I hope that he would post his comments on this topic.

Good hunting!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com